Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wonderful Wet Weather

Lots of rain early last night: (9/10s of an inch since the rains began!).  Good for the gardens and lawns around the city.  I happily joined Mike and Tasha and grand-daughter, Katie, for an impromptu supper out at a local restaurant last night.  None of us was in the mood for cooking supper, I guess.  We enjoyed the food and service there.  Amazing, the amount of food that some restaurants pile onto a plate these days.  The servers were quite taken by Katie's smiles.

Early this morning, my favorite cousin, Barb, and I exchanged emails, solving all of the world's problems (well, one or two, anyways).  One of these days, Barb and I are going to have to visit each other.  Living in different provinces, we haven't seen each other in about 30 or 35 years.  However, we have corresponded intermittently all those years.  Maybe there'll be a family reunion in our future?

Later, noting that it wasn't raining yet, I took Holly down the Harte Trail.  We met Margaret and Molly quite unexpectedly and walked together for awhile.  Holly and Molly seem to have become quite good friends.  Home, again, I caught up on some boring but necessary housework.

Before heading off to buy some needed groceries, I noticed the sky had brightened so I grabbed my camera gear and finally photographed some of the rain-bedraggled flowers around the house.  The groceries can wait!  I hope to post some of these photos to my new Flickr page later today.  If you're interested, you can check the flower shots out at http://www.flickr.com/photos/papa-ellis or on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment