Friday, May 21, 2010

Carman

It was great to drive out to Carman this morning, checking out the fields along the way.  Most farmers along the highway have finished seeding and, I suppose, are looking forward to the rain predicted over the next few days.  Many fields are showing green already and the crops are starting to come along.  Here's hoping the growers have a good year.

On this trip, I visited with Alex Stow (missed Pam, again) who was potting up a myriad number and variety of annual plants.  He told me about the piliated woodpecker that came back to one of his nut feeders again.  Very few people ever see that.  I saw it happen only once while I lived near Carman.  I also picked up some groceries at the Coop Food Store and visited with some of the staff there.  Also bought some garden tools at Coop Hardware and, to round things off, gas at the Coop Gas Bar.  The best part of this visit was having lunch with Karen (my guardian angel ... it's a long story).  We had a great conversation about families and friendships and all sorts of other topics.

Recharged from my time in Carman, I headed back to the city to tend my dog.  She was not too pleased at having to wait for her mid-day meal.

And, that's when the rain showers began in Winnipeg.  At least, I won't have to water the flower beds this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment