Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Art Fills My Soul

While running various errands this afternoon, I took time to visit the art gallery at the Mennonite Heritage Centre to see the current exhibit, called "sense of place".  The exhibit, running from 1 May to 19 June, includes the works of 10 artists, called the Buffalo Creek Artists, who live in the Rhineland area of Manitoba.  The works range from photography, to acrylic paintings, metal sculptures, to batik and other fabric art, to fired clay.  Most of the works reflected rural life.  I don't think I've ever seen a collection of works before that I enjoyed as much as this.  I felt like my soul had be refilled.  Maybe, that reflects my love of rural Manitoba.  For more information on the gallery, see http://www.mennonitechurch.ca/programs/gallery

One of the other things I did was go to McNally-Robinson Booksellers to pickup some Eva Cassidy CDs I had ordered.  Listening to her now, I continue to marvel at her great singing voice and the songs that she sings.

No comments:

Post a Comment