Friday, May 7, 2010

Another Busy Day Comes to a Close

I had a busy afternoon.  After a special lunch with Marg, which we thoroughly enjoyed, I drove over to Shelmerdines to collect my gift card left at the office for me by Mike and Tasha.  After wandering around, looking at all sorts of enticing plants, I checked out the gift shop there and found a great wooden wine rack that was perfect for my dining room.  Okay, okay.  I also bought a nice glass vase I wanted for cut flowers and a dandelion fork.

Back home, I cut some fresh tulips from one of the flower beds for that vase and I put my small collection of wines in the rack.  Obviously, I need more bottles of wine!  I then buckled down and did the dishes, vacuuming, and washed the floors.  How can one man and his dog get things so dirty?  After supper, I took Holly for her short walk of the day and covered the big pots of flowers outside (-3 predicted tonight).

Now, it's time to relax, read a few chapters of my latest mystery novel, and get to bed early.  Tomorrow looks like it's going to be another busy day.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara Di MambroMay 8, 2010 at 2:08 PM

    Often the simple pleasures of life such as a walk, house made clean by one's efforts, a good book are the joys of life that touch our soul. Sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day. Good selections from Shelmerdines :)

    ReplyDelete