Monday, May 3, 2010

Cookies, anyone?

This afternoon, I was invited to visit with Rilla and Lorne at the local Legion to get reacquainted.  It was good to talk about old times at the City and catch up on the news of what has happened with various mutual friends.  They're active in the Legion and invited me to join.  We'll see.

After my supper and giving Holly a short walk, I decided I should bake some cookies for my kids and grand-kids.  So, I'm in the midst of making some chocolate chip cookies right now.  Unfortunately, I must have done something wrong because they spread out on the baking sheet too much.  I think it might be because I used large eggs and I should have used medium ones.  Oh, well.  They taste good and I'm sure the kids won't care what they look like.  They love my home-made cookies (and gorp bars and brownies).  Maybe, tomorrow, I'll make some gorp bars as back-up treats.

2 comments: