Monday, May 31, 2010

Re-establishing a Routine

Holly and I were able to leave at 6:30 this morning for our usual walk along the Harte Trail.  It was even sweeter today because, unlike Saturday's walk, we didn't have to walk through a nearly continuous series of puddles.  I never walk alone because I always have Holly with me.  It's fun to watch her as she frantically tries to sniff at everything along the trail, on both sides, going out and coming back.

The water is receding off the edges of some of the flooded streets in our area, as it slowly all drains away, eventually to the river and, from there, on up into Lake Winnipeg.  The ground water in our area remains high.  Indeed, it's above ground level in the fields around Charleswood.  At home, one of the best sounds I hear is water running into my basement sump.  It's when you don't hear that sound that you know you have a real problem.  That would mean your sump pump is not working.  Not a pleasant thought at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment