Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nothing But Blue Skies

What a difference a day makes.  This morning, dawn brought clear, blue skies.  Holly and I were joined on our walk along the Harte Trail today by Margaret and Mollie.  We haven't walked together for awhile so it was kind of special.  It is much better to walk with a good friend than to walk alone.  Afterwards, Margaret walked on to her nearby home to get ready for work and I headed back to my place to continue looking at images on Flickriver, over another cup of coffee.  It was a great way to start a new day.

My big job today is to 'put away more stuff'.  There are still a few boxes sitting around, from my move from Carman last year, that need to be gone through and the contents either put in their proper place or taken to the Sally Ann.  I know I won't get through them all today but I need to do some of them.  I've also got all sorts of receipts and financial information that have accumulated over the past couple of months that need to be filed and stored.  I'd better get busy on those tasks right now!

I did spend a fair bit of time on my financial stuff.  Something I don't enjoy at all!  But, it's a necessary evil and it does tend to make me stick closer to my budget.  And, as Martha would say, that's a good thing.  I also spent a little time planning the days and weeks ahead, especially the May long weekend.

The blue skies of morning changed to the cloudy skies of afternoon.  At least, they're bright, cloudy skies.  I headed over to Grant Park Shopping Centre to wander through McNally-Robinson, one of my favorite haunts there, to Pearle Vision to get my computer glasses repair (just a missing screw), and the Koya place for some Chinese food.  I admit it, I was too lazy to cook my own meal tonight.  At McN.-R, I picked up a copy of the latest k.d. lang album, a compilation of her greatest hits.  I'm looking forward to listening to her singing again.

1 comment:

  1. hope you have a fabulous May long weekend :) Enjoy kd lang, I'm sure it's a good listen. hope the nice weather sticks around for a while. You'll have to come watch matthew play soccer sometime.........

    ReplyDelete