Saturday, May 15, 2010

Time to Pot Vegetable Seedlings

Up very early again (sigh).  I went through the latest images on Flickriver and, as I often do, got spun off to the photosets of some great photographers.  For some reason, I have been drawn, lately, to exceptional images that are accompanied by thought-provoking words, often famous quotes.  This morning, I was drawn to some rather melancholy phrases and they caused me some distress.  But, after some introspection and doing some writing, I came out of it okay, more or less.

A walk with Holly down the Harte Trail to Fairmont and back helped me as well.  Even early in the morning, today, the trail was busy with cyclists, walkers, joggers, and fellow dog walkers.  It made me appreciate my early morning walks during the week when it is much quieter.

Later, I drove over to Grant Park and did some window-shopping.  It was also a hive of activity.  Somehow, I escaped from the mall with no money being spent.

It was too hot this afternoon (~ 26 degrees and sunny) to do any vigorous yard work so I spent most of my time potting up the tomatoes, parsley, basil, and cilantro that I bought from Vanderveen's a couple of days ago.  These veggies all went into pots on my deck, handy to the kitchen.  Tomorrow, I hope to mow the grass and continue working in my flower beds, doing some more clean-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment