Friday, May 28, 2010

Thunder, Lightning, and Rain

I got up early this morning, looking forward to walking the trail with Holly.  Over my first cup of coffee, at about 5 a.m., while checking for emails and new comments in Facebook, the storm moved in.  It looks like our walk will be delayed for awhile, Holly.  But, we'll be out and about when things settle down.  Eventually, the skies will clear.  Maybe, this morning, I'll give Holly a tick treatment.  I took a couple off of her yesterday.  I hate ticks.  Especially, on my favorite dog.

I found so many great flower images this morning on Flickriver.  The abstract colours in this image just amazed me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10084268@N06/4389633427/  I must do some photography today, rain or not.

I also came across another image, of a beach in Costa Rica, that looked so much like a photo I made  of a beach near Tofino, a place I love, that I wondered if it meant that I should travel there, to this sister beach, perhaps with someone special, someday, perhaps in a year or so?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mogallery/4644471441/ 

Occasionally, while wandering down Flickriver, I come across a quote that makes me reflect on life.  This morning, listening to the rain outside my window, I came across this one by Henry Van Dyke:  “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity”,  Sigh ...

Maybe, I'll go make myself another cup of coffee now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment