Thursday, May 20, 2010

Walking

While doing the Harte Trail this morning with Holly, I realized that I am now totally addicted to walking.  Although my distance has remained much the same now for several weeks, I'm currently walking faster and taking longer strides.  Partly, this is because I'm in much better shape than I was about five months ago, when I started.  But, I think, lately, I've added an aerobic component to my walks and I'm getting more endorphins released into my body each day I continue.  And, as Martha would say, this is a good thing.

Today's walk was almost a repeat of yesterday, except I seemed have more of a spring in my step.  I even stopped a couple of times to talk briefly with two of the people I met on the trail yesterday.  A different group of people seem to walk or jog with their dogs are different set times.  It seems the really early walkers are a friendlier lot, perhaps because they see so few people on the trail that early.  I quite enjoy doing my long walks at sunrise.  It's a special time of day.  I would prefer walking with someone but you can't always have what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment