Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Live Love Laugh

Several people have encouraged me to keep writing in this blog, so I will.  Yesterday was yesterday.  Today is today.  I’m feeling much better today. I don’t even have a headache from those two bottles of wine I consumed.  After a few hours of sleep, I woke up very early this morning, feeling refreshed, and with my perspective restored. I think over the events of the past week and I just shake my head. It’s all really quite unbelievable.  And that's all I'll say about that.

Holly and I had our usual walk this morning, only about an hour or so earlier than normal, to minimize our encounters with others on the trail.  It was a beautiful morning, cool and sunny with wonderfully blue skies.  The few people that we met along the way were all very friendly.  We even stopped and I talked briefly with a couple of the people, as we admired each other's dogs and the great weather this morning.  I think this was the nicest morning, weather-wise, we've had so far this year.

When I got home and noticed how the early morning sun was illuminating some of my flowers, I just had to get out my camera and photograph some of the blooms and blossoms.  Some of the flowers seemed to be glowing.  I'll probably post some of my shots on my Flickr and Facebook pages later tonight.  I could not help but be very happy and marvel at the beauty all around me this morning.  I am so lucky to live where I do.

All of the above things this morning combined to make me feel very good.  I am reminded of a quote by Eleanora Duse: "if the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things in nature have a message you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive".  This morning, my soul was both alive and filled with joy.  What a difference a day makes.

My day continued to get better as, later in the morning, my friend Chrissy came over for lunch.  We talked on the deck for a couple of hours about life and all of its twists and turns.  I gave Chrissy a tour of my flower gardens.  We marvelled at how many different flowers are blooming right now and that this is just the start of a summer long parade of perennial flowers.  Chrissy also showed me her photos and video of her playing with dolphins from her recent holiday.  Yes, doing that myself is on my bucket list, too!  Afterwards, we enjoyed some of my famous chicken vegetable soup/stew, with fresh pumpernickel bread.  Her visit seemed way too short.

This evening, I'm off to supper with members of the Entomological Society of Manitoba where we will welcome some new members into the Society.  It should be a fun filled and entertaining evening.  Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. glad you're still bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara Di MambroMay 19, 2010 at 7:53 PM

    Yes Life is beautiful. So wonderful you are fin ding the joy and serenity it brings. Keep on blogging-it cleanses the soul and perhaps touches on others.

    ReplyDelete