Saturday, May 22, 2010

On the Trail at Sunrise

Sunrise was at 5:35 a.m. today in Winnipeg.  I thought I'd get out walking early, before the predicted rain resumes.  Also, because I had been awake for some time anyways.  And, because Holly is ready to go for a walk at any time!  And, to minimize the number of people I'd see along the way.  This morning's walk was good.  On the way to the Harte Trail, it was nice to breathe the rain-washed air and listen to the birds singing, especially the robins.  Holly got excited a few times when she saw some cottontails, scurrying across people's lawns.

Despite last evening's light showers, the trail was relatively dry and I did not encounter many people at this hour.  The usual walk gave me some extra time to think.  I thought of one friend in particular.  But, I also thought about some of my other friends, near and far, and the differences between them.  Everyone is different, of course.  That's one of the things that makes life so interesting.  I thought too of some of the friends who have come and gone in my life.  I regret losing some of those old friendships.  I know you have to work at friendships, especially the ones you value the most.  Now that I'm sitting here in front of my computer screen, writing this, I'm finding my thoughts are wandering a bit as different friends come to mind.  Maybe, that's a sign I should stop for now and come back to this post later, maybe after some breakfast.

Listening to Eva Cassidy singing on my stereo right now, thoughts that are very personal are overpowering my mind and I cannot write about them here.  So, I'll end this morning's  post now.

No comments:

Post a Comment