Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Head Held High

Although my upper thighs protested, Holly and I hit the trail at 7 this morning to do our usual walk.  There seemed to be more puddles than bare ground along the trail today, as a result of our overnight thunderstorm.  The ditches in  Charleswood are once again full of water and my basement sump pump continues to valiantly try to empty the creek flowing under my house.  But, the sun has come out again and it's a glorious morning.  Windy but wonderful.

Today's plan?  This morning, I hope to do a little more flower photography.  Although it's very windy, I'm sure there will be some flowers that will be sheltered a bit.  Besides, sometimes motion can add to a photo.  We'll see.  I also need to do some more flower bed clean-up.  And, despite my war on dandelions over the weekend, I see some new ones have shown themselves.  I guess battling these weeds will be a summer-long job.  Should be easy to get them out of the wet flower beds today.  This evening, I'm having dinner with a friend.  Something I'm really looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment