Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Great Day

Some days are better than others.  Expecting a cold, wet morning, I was pleasantly surprised.  After getting myself a haircut, I took Holly down the trail, doing our usual walk to Fairmont and back, in sunshine and warmth.  Many other people had the same idea.  The trail was crowded with walkers, dogs, cyclists, and new mothers with their babies in strollers or carry packs.

Back home, both my physical mailbox by my door and my virtual mailbox on my computer brought me special greetings.  They made my day.  After lunch, I started to tackle a new and, hopefully, better batch of cookies for my family and friends.  I wasn't at all that pleased with the chocolate chip cookies that I made last night.  This time, I decided to make ginger bend cookies.  I'm going to stop typing this draft now so they have my undivided attention.  ... (pause) ...   The cookies are now done and packaged up for sharing with some special people in my life.  This batch turned out well.  Possibly my best batch yet.

It's mid-afternoon now and the weather isn't so great now.  The sky has clouded over and it looks like it could start to rain at any minute.  I got a few minutes of yard work done before it started sprinkling.  After that, I continued with some cleaning up around the house and doing some laundry.  A man's work around the home is never done!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the first batch is great anyway! and we love choc chip cookies :)

    ReplyDelete