Thursday, May 13, 2010

To Carman and Return

I had a nice drive out to Carman, through some light drizzle.  Where did this rain come from?  I don't recall it being predicted.  My first stop was to visit Alex and Pam and drop off some novels I've read for their enjoyment.  Pam, unfortunately, was out visiting some of her friends.  My last visit was about a month ago so it was great to sit down with Alex and chat for awhile.

After that visit, I went over to the Carman Coop to pick up some groceries and say hello to some of my friends there.  I was surprised that the cashier still remembered my Coop number.  Where else would that ever happen?!  I miss seeing all the friendly people there since I moved to Winnipeg a year ago.  At least, I can still visit them now and again.

Next, I visited my good friend (and guardian angel!) Karen at Knockabouts to say hello and buy some new clothes.  She and Kelly were fairly busy with customers so I didn't stay too long.  I went to nearby Tidbit to wait for Denis and Gwen to join me for lunch.  Kim and I chatted until they arrived.  When they came, we caught up on each other's news.  It's always a treat to visit with these good people.  We've known each other for many, many years now.

After lunch, I went over to Vanderveen's for some plants.  At this time of year, going to Vanderveen's is like going to a candy store for gardeners.  They've got all their spring plants out now, including annuals, perennials, and vegetables.  I bought my requisite two big patio tomato plants for the deck containers, plus some cilantro, parsley, and basil.  Then, I quickly left before I was tempted to over-spend on more greenery.

I headed home to unpack my goodies and assure Holly everything was okay, I was back and I wasn't leaving her.  I also prepared her a late meal while she patiently stood there and drooled all over the kitchen floor (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment