Sunday, May 9, 2010

Lots of Threads to Follow

All sorts of things got done today at 43 Carbutt.  Working in the flower beds, I continued to remove old vegetation, nearly finishing.  When you finally get tired of it and put away your gear, you look around and then you see some "more stuff" that needs to be cleaned up yet. The same holds true inside my home.  You putter away and say 'enough for now' and then immediately notice all the other things needing to be done.  Oh, well, it'll be still there tomorrow.

Remembering I had to meet Mike and Tasha at King's Park to take some family photos for them, I took Holly for a quick, short walk and then got my camera gear ready.  Of course, when I got into my vehicle, I noticed I was low on gas so had to take care of that first.  Then, I headed to the park only to discover I was thinking of the wrong park.  So, I found the hidden city map and headed off again, this time to the right park.

When I got there, a little frazzled and late, the picture-taking was almost already all done.  There was no shortage of family photographers on hand and I wasn't really needed.  But, it was good to see everyone and I ended up getting invited over to Sarah and Arnaud's home with Mike and Tasha for coffee and snacks (read: a mini-supper; thanks again, folks!).  Mike showed me his new home enroute to the Guillemard's.  After a nice visit there, I headed home again.  Holly was so happy to see me, docked tail going like crazy.  She must have thought I'd deserted her.  It's so good to be welcomed home by your dog.

I checked my phone and my computer for messages and emails but there were none.  Not surprising on Mother's Day, I guess, when everyone is busy visiting and or being visited.  Now, I'm going to find my book and read for awhile.  It seems like its been a very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment