Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another Day Begins

Another day begins early at Mosquito Flats ...  For some reason, I have had no need for much sleep lately.  Four hours seems to be my daily limit.  It seems strange to me, because, a year ago, I often needed twice that, at least.  Maybe, it's because of changes in my life style or maybe it's the long walks I do daily now.  I guess it really doesn't matter and it may not even last.  Time will tell.  The extra time awake certainly gives me more time to think, to reflect on my life, and to do things that need to be done and to do things I enjoy.  I'm grateful for this opportunity to pack more into a day, to reflect and to plan, to live and to learn, and to think and to remember.  One of the lessons I'm learning, actually I've been forced to learn over the past few months, is to go slow and to go with the flow of events in my life.  I've also had to realize that life is not all about what I want; it's also about what others who are important to me want.  I have to live with the choices that they make as well as the dreams that I have or that I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment