Friday, May 28, 2010

Slaving in the Kitchen

I still had a few things to prepare for tonight's supper.  I made two dips for the chicken fingers and pieces: a honey-mustard and a honey-dill dip, both with a mayo base.  The third dip, probably the one "the boyz" will prefer, was dead simple: ketchup.  I also made sure the trout fillets were ready to go in the oven, the lemons were ready for slicing, and so on.  Dessert will be easy.  I was thinking of making a batch of brownies but decided their was enough sweetness in the dips and to just go with fresh strawberries.  Now, I have to figure out what wine Josi will like to go with her meal ... hmm ... I have a bottle of a nice white wine chilling now if she goes that route.  I sure enjoy cooking for my kids and grand-kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment