Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Highly Variable Weather Today

We had some light rain overnight and this morning, delaying our walk down the Harte Trail today.  Holly and I left for the Trail when the skies brightened.  I'm very fortunate to be able to go for walks whenever conditions are good.  I feel sorry for the 9-to5'ers who cannot do so.

It's easy to overdress with our recent weather conditions.  Under sunny, warm and humid conditions, I had to carry my rain coat on the return walk home.  Watching the sides of the trails, I noticed some of the wildflowers are coming along nicely.  No blooms have appeared yet but they should soon.  I'm looking forward to taking my close-up camera gear along when the flowering starts.  I've already mapped out in my mind the spots I want to visit.

Today, Holly and I watched five does cross  about 100 yards in front of us.  No doubt these deer were heading back into the nearby woods to rest and digest after their night of feasting on home gardens in Charleswood.  As if the cottontails aren't bad enough!

I had a hard time deciding what to do today, mainly because of the variable weather.  I considered flower photography but it was too breezy when I went out and looked at some flowers.  So, I decided to do more housework.  There always seems to be dishes and laundry to do so I started those chores.  Then, off to the Charleswood Library for another bag of mysteries and on from there to the Safeway for some serious grocery shopping.  Those errands meant a late lunch for me.

Just before lunch, the winds whipped up and storm clouds moved overhead.  After lunch, I caught up on a few emails and noticed it was sunny again.  Yes, highly variable weather.  Guess, I'll continue working inside because, if I go outside, it'll probably start to rain.  Until later, then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment