Monday, May 3, 2010

Come What May

The title of my post this morning seems appropriate to my reflections on my life as Holly and I walked the Harte Trail, all the way to the Varsity View Sports complex.  I was so deep in thought, I was rather surprised to see how far we had gone.

Although I review and revise my personal goals every few months, I fully realize that some of the things that I want to do or want to happen in my life are beyond my control, especially if other people are involved in those plans.  No-one knows that better than me, right now.  I have learned to 'go with the flow' over the past six months or so.

While contemplating my future plans this morning, I recognized that some things I want to do this year will depend on whether or not someone else shares my goals.  And, I know that is very uncertain right now.  So, I became wrapped up in an assortment of "what if" scenarios as I walked along the trail.  After awhile, my body was walking in a more-or-less straight line but my mind was going in circles.  I realized that I would just have to put some of my plans and dreams 'on hold' until certain things became clearer.

1 comment:

  1. well, if any of those plans involve going to the lake...you're welcome to come with us!

    ReplyDelete