Friday, April 30, 2010

Rain Drops Keep Fallin' on My Head

April showers will bring May flowers.  A walk in a wet garden is a good way to start the day.  While wandering around the yard at sunrise this morning, looking at all of the new green plants pushing up through the bark mulch in my flower beds, a feeling of anticipation came over me.  I can hardly wait to see the flowers that will soon follow.  Already, so many flowers are blooming.

I must try to do some flower photography today, in between the predicted periods of drizzle and rain showers.  Where there's a will, there's a way.  I'm reminded of that familiar quote "life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass ... it's about learning to dance in the rain".

Walking in the rain?  No!  Holly and I managed to get our walk in along the Harte Trail before it started to rain again, not that either of us care about a little rain on our walks.  The excitement today, especially for Holly, was scaring up a white-tailed deer that was crossing the trail (probably heading into some one's garden to eat their tulips).

After lunch, I hope to squeeze in some macro shots of some of my flowers between the period of rain.  Stay tuned ...

No comments:

Post a Comment