Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Threads to Follow

An afternoon of wandering around the home and yard, just doing odds and ends of things.  In the yard, I was pleased to see that the fern peony planted last summer, made it through the winter and is now coming up.  And, daffodils, dozens of heads appeared today.  They're catching up with the tulip buds that started a few days ago.  I also discovered that the Chinese egg pot that I'd filled with water is leaking slowly and in need of new caulking.  I will use this pot for my water lilies.  Of course, now I need to find and buy some water lilies in Winnipeg.  I see more garden centres in my future.  The life of a gardener is hard.

Inside, I was busy with such mundane things as changing my address with Revenue Canada so I can e-file my 2009 income tax return (not fun), doing laundry, doing dishes, setting up dozens of pots for seed germination, having the odd phone call, writing the odd email, heating up left-over Indian food for supper, going through about a 1000 old receipts to cull out all the garbage to toss, finding some camera gear in the basement, etc., etc., etc.  I didn't seem to accomplish much today but I'm getting tired anyway.

And, now that I'm in the habit of doing early morning walks, I'd better get lots of sleep tonight because 5 a.m. is not that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment