Friday, April 16, 2010

Great Day on the Prairies

Fine weather returned today, as the strong winds dropped. Holly and I got in a good long walk this afternoon. It's nice to be back up to speed, so to speak. I think we both missed those long walks. The wind didn't seem to slow down the aspens and willows as they pushed out new leaves and catkins. There were all sorts of variations in shapes and colours. And, it looks like we're going to have more fine weather for the weekend. Yes!

Not much new to report in the yard. Lots of new plants starting to emerge from the mulched areas but they're too small to tell what they are yet. I noticed one of my neighbours was repainting their deck. Mine is already on my "to do" list. I have this feeling that not everything that's on that very long list is going to get done this year. But, hey, it's not a race.

When I was at Safeway this afternoon, picking up some groceries, I walked by the florist section. Then, I circled it a couple of times. So many plants were crying out "buy me, buy me" but I resisted. I think I have spring fever. I must be patient.

1 comment:

  1. A to do list has items you should do. Why not concentrate on your bucket list!!! Things you really want to do. Sometimes your bucket list and to do list can merge. Usually we do our to do list because it needs to be done. But our bucket list is where our dreams exist.

    ReplyDelete