Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday

Today was a lazy day.  I spent the morning tidying up inside the house and looking everywhere for a couple of missing items, neither of which I found.  I also organized some potting supplies to get ready to start a variety of herbs, seeds for which I picked up at Shelmerdines earlier in the week.  I think I should be able to start these herbs in small pots indoors this coming week.  They should be ready for transplanting outdoors about the time when the risk of frost is small.  Nothing beats fresh herbs for cooking and salads.

I'm also looking forward to the annual buying spree at Vanderveens in Carman in late April or early May, to purchase tomatoes plants for the big pots on the deck (amongst other plants!).  Sun-ripened tomatoes are so good!  I've also got to start some flowers soon for the three big driveway pots.  They'll brighten up the driveway and entrance area a lot.

It's going to be a steep learning curve for me this summer, tending to all of the different perennials and shrubs that were planted here by the previous owner.  But, I'm looking forward to learning everything I can about flower gardening this year.

1 comment: