Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Just Following the Thread

For the second day in a row, Holly and I had an early morning walk along the Harte Trail with Margaret and Molly.  It was a cooler morning today.  But it was just as gorgeous as yesterday.  There's something about the warm morning sun, when it lights up the fluffy, pale catkins on the trees and shrubs along the path.  The lighting is the kind photographers just love.  I didn't see any deer this morning but did scare up a couple of mallards from one of the trail-side wet areas.  'Twas an hour well spent.  Walking in the early morning is great.  It'll even be better soon because, as it gets even warmer in summer, walking in the heat of the day is not fun, for man or beast.

Later in the morning, I invited Mike and Tasha over for supper.  Now, I must figure out what to cook and serve.  Hmmm ... maybe I'll make an Indian meal for them ... a chicken dish, a mixed vegetable biryani, with asparagus on the side?  Maybe brownies for dessert?  Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment