Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Break in Routine

This morning, I took Holly out to Beaudry Park for our long walk.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that the two of us had the trails to ourselves.  Holly loved sniffing every thing along the trail.  I guess there had been a lot of dogs over the past weekend.  This trip, I avoided getting lost on the trails by walking out for a half-hour, turning around and heading back on the same trail.  One hour of ups and downs along the trail was more than adequate exercise for me!  I was tempted to turn in at Shelmerdine's Garden Centre on the drive home but overcame the temptation by reminding myself that I had more than enough plants to take care of at home already.

After lunch, I headed over McNally Robinson Booksellers to buy a couple of Deb Romeyn music Cd's and to order a couple Eva Cassidy Cd's that I wanted for my folk music collection.  I also picked up some greeting cards for my dwindling supply at home.  I then visited Bob and Pat for coffee and to tour their native perennial garden.  Their lady slippers were just starting, with the buds just breaking out of the soil surface.  Their white trilliums were starting to bloom, like those in my own backyard.  It's always great to visit these gracious friends.

Back home, I caught up with my handwritten diary, where I write my more personal thoughts and reflections.  I decided on dim sum for my supper tonight.  Afterwards, I took the beast for another, but shorter, walk.  I expect my evening tonight will be routine.  Nothing planned, anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment