Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Sunday So Far

Another gorgeous day in Winnipeg.  I made a lazy start to the day, looking at photographs on Flickr River and exploring various Flickr photographers from there, over several cups of morning coffee.  Somehow, I ended up looking mostly at photosets involving nature and flower gardening.  I guess that reflects my current photographic interests.

I especially enjoy looking at photographs of flowers where the photographer goes way beyond the simple documentary photograph and has made the image into an artistic jewel.  Sometimes, it's extremely hard to figure out how they've done it.  There are some pretty amazing photographers on Flickr.  I also appreciate those photographers who clearly identify the flowers that they are photographing.  Unfortunately, they're in the minority.  With good identifications given, I'm able to learn something new or to reinforce what I already know.

Later, Holly and I walked the Harte Trail.  It was very crowded late this morning, with other dog walkers, strollers, joggers, and bicyclists.  I don't think I've ever seen it so busy.  But, it was understandable, considering it's Sunday and it was 18 degrees already (going up to 21 again today).  I may have to start going further afield on Sundays for our walks.

By the way, I finally decided to hang the quilt I bought yesterday, as it was originally intended.  I purchased the special hanging rod today.  After it has hung for a few days to straighten out completely, I'll post a photograph of it here.  The more I look at it, the more I'm glad that I got it.

Holly is staring at me right now, waiting for her after-supper walk, so I suppose I'd better take her now.  If I don't take her now, she'll start making those pathetic little whimpers she's so good at (sigh).

1 comment:

  1. The quilt sounds beautiful. By all means post it. I made a beautiful anniversary quilt years ago and it hangs in my hallway. I love quilts and the amazing handwork that makes them happen. True works of art.

    ReplyDelete