Saturday, April 24, 2010

Tempting Fate

After my normal morning routine, I started potting up the annual plants I brought home yesterday.  Over the course of the day, I managed to pot up all of them in containers in the front drive and backyard.  I know I'm tempting fate, putting them out while there's still a risk of frost.  After all, this is Manitoba where frosts are quite possible up to about the May long weekend.  Hopefully, by watching the weather, I can cover them overnight if there is a frost warning.

I also managed to prepare about 50 germination pots today.  I'll seed these with my herb seeds and various annual and perennial flower seeds over the next couple of days.  I feels like I'm in a garden production line right now.

The weather has been really incredible here for a couple of weeks.  It almost feels like summer is here with high temperatures close to 25 degrees.  One can work outdoors in a T-shirt quite comfortably.  However, it does cool down overnight to only a few degrees above freezing.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping this warm weather continues right through the rest of April into May.  We Manitobans do love our summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment