Thursday, April 29, 2010

A Harte to Harte Day

We have had a few light showers over-night and this morning but nothing to get excited about.  However, more rain is predicted, possible 25 mm or so.  Here's hoping we get a good drenching to refresh the dry soil.

Holly and I just got back from a walk on the Harte Trail.  Our usual hour or so along the same route we've been doing for some time now.  Although we walked through the occasional light drizzle, it was actually quite pleasant, especially because we only encountered the odd jogger and walker along the way.  I think Holly must walk twice as far as I do on these walks, as she explores the smells to each side of the trail.

I noticed a few wildflowers starting to emerge in a couple of areas along the trail.  They should make future walks more interesting.  I expect, in a week or two, I may have to do an extra walk along this trail on some days, without Holly, but with my camera gear, so that I can photograph some of these flowers when they start to bloom.  I'm looking forward to that.

I don't have much planned for today.  I'll be working inside to catch up on some of my rainy day projects, I guess.  There certainly are lots of things I've been getting behind on inside my home.  Tonight, I'm looking forward to having dinner out with a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment