Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Silence is Not Golden

Sometimes, I wish I didn't have to be as restrained as I am in what I write here.  But, then again, maybe I say too much already.  Maybe, I should be more restrained.  Hmm ...  Something to think about.

Yes, I finally got my act together this afternoon and cleaned house.  Well, I vacuumed and washed floors.  The house only appears clean.  If you don't look too closely.  Between me and Holly, it won't stay clean very long.  Mainly, it's Holly, of course, who dirties the house.  Not me.  Good thing she can't read (or write!) or you might be reading an opposing view.

I also went shopping today for some needed clothes, household supplies, and, of course, more groceries.  Company's coming.  Lots of people to feed, especially on Thursday when my tribe comes for brunch.  I'm happiest when I'm cooking for others.

It's now early Wednesday morning.  Too early to be up and writing this but, then, I don't get to choose when I wake up.  I'm sitting here trying to think of something wise to say.  Nothing comes to mind.  I can't even think of anything stupid to say.  We, yes, I can think of lots of stupid things to say.  But, I won't say them.  No sense confirming what everyone thinks of me, is there?  I think I'll just go back to bed and start over again later.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Di MambroJuly 1, 2010 at 6:28 AM

    What you say is just fine. The ordinary activities of life, remember, make a life. Your tribe-how lucky to have someone who loves to cook- will always want to eat your recent creations. Too bad I don't live closer. Oh yeah I have my own cook!!

    ReplyDelete