Saturday, June 12, 2010

Scudding Along

Things are moving swiftly and smoothly in the garden.  I cannot get over how new flowers seem to appear daily at 43 Carbutt.  No sooner does one patch of flowers fade and disappear than another patch appears, sometimes even more magnificent than the first.

I'm certainly falling well behind in my flower photography.  The weather hasn't helped (I always blame things on the weather!),  Wind and rain doesn't foster great photos.  And, lately, the periods of sunshine have been all too brief.  By the time I notice them and stop what I'm doing and get my camera gear together, they're gone again.  I keep telling myself it's not a race.

But, I feel that spring has now past by and we're starting to accelerate through summer.  And I don't like that because that means cold weather is coming.  Once things turn white with snow, outdoor flower photography is history.  Of course, if I was more positive about things, I would simply shift gears and switch to some other photographic subject.  At least, I'm enjoying it while I can.

There is, of course, the possibility of simply heading south during the winter for a couple of weeks and seeing a whole new world of flowering plants.  Something to think about ... maybe Australia or somewhere like that?  Maybe a wine growing region of South America?  Hmmm ...

1 comment: