Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday's Almost Over

That was quick.  The highlight of the day (besides some welcome emails and telephone conversations I had) was the LFOM, where the entomologists and grad students, mainly from the UM gather just to talk, drink, and eat.  This was my first time for joining in with them.  It was good to see some friends there and catch up on what they're doing.  We partied in the outdoor eating area of Michael P's on Pembina.  I was glad my friend, Pat, sat beside me most of the time.  She's more of a mosquito magnet than me.  So, when one started bothered me, I'd just point it towards her.  She probably got 5 bites for every one I got.  I was sad to see her leave about a half hour before I did because a lot of frustrated mosquitoes then turned on me.

Holly was, as usual, glad to see me when I got home.  A walk, fresh water, and milk bone made her happy again.  The house has become very warm today.  I guess, tomorrow, I'll have to start closing windows and crank up the air conditioner.  I prefer the fresh air but I don't like to suffer either.  Summer is obviously here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment