Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes

No rain today (well, none so far).  The sunshine sure can improve my outlook on life.  I live on the prairies because of the sunny skies and broad horizons.  So, when we have a lot of rain, I find it very depressing.  Today's weather recharged my batteries.

Our morning walk on the Harte Trail was very nice. Leaving at 6:30 again, we encountered few people along the way and those few we met were quite friendly.  I can't get over how enthusiastic Holly always is when we're on that trail.  I wish I had her energy.

After returning home, I had my usual breakfast of toast and hummus.  I think I have to add some more variety to my breakfast meals.  Maybe a breakfast drink?  Maybe a smoothie made with fresh fruit, milk, flax seed and protein powder?

I decided to head out to Carman early and run a few errands out there.  The first thing I did was buy a blender to make those smoothies and then the second was to go to the Coop Food Store for some of the ingredients.  I also had to stop by and see Karen at Knockabouts for some items that she had set aside for me.  After that, I had lunch at Tidbit, my weekly (at least) dose of Chinese food.

It was hard not to notice all the flooded fields along the highway, especially close to Brunkild.  It looks very bad right now, with water levels looking like those you'd see at the peak of spring flooding.  My heart goes out to the worst-affected farmers in that area.

Now, that I'm home again, it's time I did a little home and garden work ...

1 comment:

  1. mmm, love the smoothies for breakfast! did you get the magic bullet?

    ReplyDelete