Monday, June 21, 2010

It's Monday So It Must Be Going to Rain Again

Holly and I took to the Harte Trail at 6:30 this morning, braving the clouds of mosquitoes.  The only other crazy person on the trail was a woman jogger.  I think she was trying to outrun the mosquitoes.  I was fine, wearing jeans and a long-sleeved shirt and hat, with repellent covering my exposed skin.  It felt good to do a long walk again after a 3-day break.

For awhile, though, I'm think I'm going to avoid the trail and just walk the equivalent distance on nearby Charleswood streets where the mosquitoes are more tolerable.  This will be for Holly's sake more than mine.  On the trail, she had a cloud of mosquitoes around her head and I'm sure she got a bunch of bites around her nose and eyes.  They couldn't bite her anywhere else because of her thick coat.

It's been a cloudy, muggy morning in Charleswood.  Kind of depressing weather, with rain in the forecast.  But, mid-morning, my day brightened considerably when I heard from a good friend.  I heard all the things I needed to hear to enable me to face this and the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment