Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Touched Base in Carman Again

This morning, I drove out to Carman to have lunch with Denis and Gwen at Tidbit.  It was great to see them again and to wish Denis a Happy Birthday (it's actually tomorrow).  I also visited Jane at the Golden Prairie Arts Council and was given a special tour of the exhibit of student art work that's part of the Art Mentorship Program.  The works of a couple of very talented people stood out, especially photos by a young female photographer.  Apparently, she will be going on to a career in photography.  Seeing just her portraits made the visit well worthwhile to me.  What was touching to me was that the photography students were using old 35 mm camera gear that I donated to the council a few years ago.

1 comment:

  1. must make you feel like you've made an impact in their lives :)

    ReplyDelete