Monday, June 28, 2010

Just Another Monday

But it's a sunny Monday!  Holly and walked the streets again this morning after seeing how active the mosquitoes were near the trail head.  Only a cool 13 degrees this morning, it was wonderful for walking.  Today's plan?  I don't have any special jobs in mind.  Guess, I just follow the thread again and see where it leads ...

Well, it led to the deck, where I indulged in more coffee while I went through some cooking and gardening magazines that I picked up yesterday.  Just sitting in the sunshine, reading and listening to the quiet.  After awhile, the guilt kicked in and I tidied up some pots on the deck, drained rainwater from some empty containers (and turned them over so they wouldn't collect any more ... duh!).  Then, I pulled some more weeds.  How can thistles grow two feet in just a week?  Amazing that only weeds grow that fast!

Later, I got a wonderful phone call from someone very special.  That made my morning much better ...

Just before noon, I went to the library and, then, on to Safeway for groceries.  Only needed a couple of things but came home with three bags full.  Go figure.  Oh well, at least, I have a well-stocked pantry.  Then, I had a late lunch and read today's Free Press.  The newspaper seems a waste of money, especially on Monday.  Some fliers are thicker and more interesting than the Monday Free Press.  I've phoned in to cancel it, effective July 14th.  They'll probably call me a few weeks later and offer me a half-price, 3 month subscription, like they did last time.  Hmm ... I don't think I'll bite again.

The next thread I must follow today is called housework.  Yuk.

No comments:

Post a Comment