Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Music Fills My Soul

Call me crazy but, sometimes, I just love to sit and listen to my favorite music.  Usually, but not always, the music that most thrills me is classic folk, done by the original artist.  Occasionally, someone comes along and takes a classic folk song to a new, higher level ... way better than the original singer or group.  Eva Cassidy is one such singer.  She has the voice of an angel.  Sadly, she died young, before her talents were fully appreciated.  Most of her great renditions can be found on YouTube.  Here's a link to her singing a classic song: 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCnL8hArW8  Many albums of her songs are available but the one I recommend the most is 'American Tune'.  It is a very well-mastered collection of her best songs.  I find myself listening to this album over and over, at home and while driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment