Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Brisk

Brisk it was, this morning, on our walk.  It was only 10 degrees while we wandered the streets this morning.  At least, it kept the mosquitoes inactive.  When Holly walked through any tall grass, she stirred them up but they settled right down again afterwards.  Too cool for much mosquito activity.

Yesterday afternoon and evening was pretty much just puttering around.  One thing I has happy to do was to organize some of my recipes collected over the past few months.  Some went into my cooking notebook; others into my card file.  Reading through some of them was quite enjoyable.  There are so many I want to try in the days ahead.  I also got another nice phone call in the afternoon ... hmmm.

I'll get my chance to prepare a few meal items new to me on Thursday when the kids and their families are coming over for brunch, to celebrate Canada Day.  I'm really looking forward to seeing them all again.

Today?  Well, there's always vacuuming and floor washing and ...  Hopefully, I won't be too lazy today and I'll be able to cross some things off my 'to do' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment