Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Never be afraid to sit awhile and think"

The above quote, by Lorraine Hansberry, got me to thinking, why is it that some days you feel so good?  Today is one of those days for me.  I guess it started in the wee hours of the night, when I was looking at some portrait photos I'd recently made of my three grand-kids, and I realized anew how very fortunate I am to have a family to love and be loved by.  Family is another word for love.  It continued when Holly and I quietly walked the trail without encountering anyone and saw five white-tailed deer at different points along the way, each standing on the trail for a few moments, watching us approach.  Then, there were all the inspiring images I viewed on Flickriver, some with just as inspiring words accompanying them.  These are the kinds of things that just fill my soul and make me happy to be alive.  They make me want to live another twenty years.  And, then there was the wind that blew away the morning clouds and allowed the sun to shine on the flowers in my yard for awhile.  The clouds came and went several times but not before I walked around and admired the new blooms, sparkling with rain drops.  And, then, there were the couple of butterflies that landed here and there as they dried their wings.  Maybe, too, it was the nap that I had in which the dreams I remember were pleasant and colourful.  It may sound corny, but, sometimes, all of this is just so good, it just takes my breath away.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Di MambroJune 9, 2010 at 6:36 PM

    Cherish all those good thoughts and moments. Helps to realize what a beautiful life we do have.

    ReplyDelete