Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Time Flies

I just noticed I hadn't posted anything since yesterday afternoon when I mentioned the lamb stew.  Well, I made it and had a bowl of it for supper tonight.  It was my best yet.  Literally, the meat melts in your mouth.  I guess it should considering I that started with lamb sirloin chops.  It's been on the stove-top now for 24 hours since I seared it and added all the other components, at just under the boiling point, so the lamb is ultra-tender.  Yum!

I just got off the phone from talking with Vladimyr.  He loves ethnic cooking.  When I mentioned my supper tonight, I could hear him start to salivate.  He loves lamb.  Long story short, he's coming for supper tomorrow night.  It's always great talking with him.  He's all over the map in our conversations but he is always interesting.

Today, I did some much needed yard work, cutting the grass, pruning some wild shrubbery, and pulling weeds in the flower beds in the backyard, mainly dandelions and thistle.  Tomorrow, I'll tackle the weeds in the front flower beds which are in better shape.  The mosquitoes were a bit of a nuisance today, even with repellent.  As I sit here in my study, typing this, the odd one flies by the computer screen.  I guess I'll be feeding those suckers as I sleep tonight.

And, yes, our daily walks continue.  Holly is happy.  Although she would go for another right now, if I had the energy to take her.  I'm happy, too.  Walking has become an addiction with me.  I can't do without them every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment