Monday, June 7, 2010

Following Those Twisted Threads

They've led me all over the place today.  On the deck, while having yet another morning coffee, I was pleased to get a phone call from a friend.  Then, I updated my personal diary.  Lots to write about there today.  Afterwards, I did the second load of dishes from last night's supper.

Later, I had this 'need' to make a beef stew so I went to the local Safeway to get the necessary ingredients.  En route to the Safeway, I noticed that I needed gas so I went to Red River Coop for gas fill and got a car wash while I was at it.  Then, I remembered that I needed to have a couple of prescriptions refilled so I was off to the local Shoppers Drug Mart.  See what I mean about following the thread?

Home again, I started the beef stew.  I usually make a lot of stew and then freeze several containers of it for later use (like when I don't want to really make a supper or when I'm having someone over who likes my home cooking).  It's always good to have some on hand.  Maybe, tomorrow, I'll make a chicken vegetable soup/stew, for the same reasons.  We'll see ...

Had to open a bottle of Yellow Tail Shiraz to deglaze the pot I used to brown my beef for the stew.  Very nice wine.  Hard not to sample it, especially today ... oh, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment