Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Walking is a Great Way to Start a Day

We walked in the neighborhood this morning, leaving the Harte Trail to the mosquitoes.  Not as soul-filling as the trail, now sprinkled with purple vetch, while anemones, and yellow toadflax, but certainly interesting.  It was neat to see some well-landscaped front yards, as we walked along.  Some people have been quite creative in the way they've laid out their flower beds and in their choice of flowers.  It made me wish I could see into their backyards as well.

Seeing the way some other people have done their landscaping made me appreciate even more the work done by the woman who owned my yard.  My yard really is the best I've seen in Charleswood, even if there are a few that come close.  It makes me feel that I must continue to maintain it as best I can and add only minor touches to make it my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment