Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good Beginnings

Last night, Vladimyr came by and we enjoyed the Chinese comfort food I prepared.  Had some great discussions about nature photography, photo manipulation, great photographers, history and philosophy.  We sure solved a lot of the world's problems, especially after we got into the wine.

This morning, Holly and I did the trail again, at least the outbound leg.  It seems there was a bicycle rally on the trail today and, after making way for about the 75th cyclist, we abandoned the trail for the streets of Charleswood.  Much more peaceful.  And fewer mosquitoes.  There were noticeably more mosquitoes along the trail today, compared with yesterday.

After lunch, I headed over to Grant Park Mall, spending some time in McNally-Robinson, choosing some cooking magazines and music CDs for later enjoyment.  As luck would have it, just as I was leaving, a thunderstorm struck and the rains came down.  I had quite a drive home because the streets were awash with water.

Now, I'm thinking, maybe, a nap ...

No comments:

Post a Comment