Saturday, June 26, 2010

Finally, Back on the Trail

In shorts, t-shirt and repellent, I braved the Harte Trail this morning, doing my usual walk with Holly.  I did get a few bites through the back of my t-shirt where there was no repellent but the mosquitoes weren't bad at all.  I guess the City did some sort of spraying along the trail, likely fogging, using an ATV.  Regardless, it sure felt good to walk along the trail again.  There were lots of other people enjoying it as well, including cyclists, joggers, and other walkers.

I also spent some time on Flickr this morning, revelling in the excellent images of a few of my Flickr contacts.  The artistic images of one young female photographer in particular, Krista Palmu from Finland, just blew me away.  I love her style.  Even her simplest shots resonated with me, making me want to try her approach with some of my own work.  I'm going to have to do some experimenting with some of my existing images, using Photoshop, to try to figure out exactly how she gets the dreamy, almost semi-transparent quality that she does.  It gets me excited just thinking about it.

Plans for the afternoon?  Maybe, make a special vegetarian soup to freeze for my daughter.  Also, start to prepare a Chinese dinner for Vladimyr, who's coming for supper.  And, maybe clean up the garage a bit so I can pull my Escape inside again.  I'd better get going now ...

1 comment:

  1. glad you got out on the trail. looking forward to the soup :)

    ReplyDelete