Sunday, June 20, 2010

It's Called Mosquito Flats for a Reason

The sign above my front door, 'Mosquito Flats', is very appropriate right now.  If the City fogged our area last night, my mosquitoes were unaffected.  A least, the ones trying to get in the front door every time it opens.

It's been a great day so far.  I put on my 'going to meeting' duds this morning and headed down to Holy Trinity Anglican Church on Smith Street, downtown.  I joined the Ab and Jenny and Mike and Tasha and Katie.  I must say I enjoyed the service and the singing very much.  Following the service, Mike invited everyone to a local Smitty's for lunch to celebrate Father's Day.  It was nice to sit and chat and watch Katie try, successfully, to steal the show.

Now, I'm home again.  My lazy, sleepy dog hardly noticed me come in the door.  I think I must have disturbed her sleep.  Next?  Try to relax and digest my lunch before heading over to Josi and Greg's for supper.  Self-centred me is enjoying all the attention this day brings from my 'kids'.

No comments:

Post a Comment