Thursday, July 1, 2010

I'll Try Anything, Anything New ...

That's the title of a song sung by Sierra Noble, pointed out to me last night by JoAnne, who came for supper and to walk Holly.  I'm discovering there are many great Canadian singers/song-writers out there that I didn't know about.  A couple of nights ago, I discovered another one, Ferron, while watching Bravo in the evening.  I can see my music budget is quickly going to be exhausted.

This morning, Holly and I again took to the streets.  It was fairly warm and the mosquitoes were quite active, even on the streets.  I would hate to try the trail this morning without bathing in mosquito repellent.  At least, there was a breeze this morning that helped keep the little suckers from landing on me unnoticed.  I talked with my back neighbour who was out working in his front yard when I came by.  He's having a running battle with the deer eating his flowers.  He now puts everything in movable containers and moves them into his fenced backyard every night so the deer cannot eat them.  Ah, isn't nature grand?!

Now, I have to get busy because the kids are coming for brunch.  Lots of stuff to prepare.  At least I made the 'ultimate banana bread' yesterday afternoon, so that's done.  Now, to prep the hot stuff ...

No comments:

Post a Comment