Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Always Changing

This morning, I spent a lot of time on my new Toshiba laptop, updating yet more software, getting used to Windows Live Mail, transferring some key reference materials from the desktop, and slowly adjusting to a different keyboard.  I'm finally getting comfortable using this laptop and Windows 7 operating system.  I also tested out the new software that came with my new Pentax Optio W20 also.  It's a waterproof, dustproof, 'point and shoot' camera with an amazing array of features.  Both the camera and the software (used for downloading pictures and minor editing) worked like a charm (I'm not used to things working like a charm so I was very pleased).

During the lunch hour, I drove over to Fort Richmond to see Mike and Tasha and to tour their new home.  It's perfect for them.  They were really happy today because their previous home sold last night for more than they expected.  After my visit with them, I stopped at my local Safeway for a few groceries and then headed on home for a very late lunch there.  Holly got another short walk, of course.  I have to keep my dog happy.

Later in the afternoon, I pulled together all my scattered notes that dealt with my coming trip to the cottage on the August long weekend.  I haven't been up to the cottage in nearly 2 years so I'm getting excited about going there and seeing all the improvements my kids have made to the place.  I've even started assembling all the stuff that has to be boated in.  As in previous trips, I'm probably going to take up too much stuff but who cares.  And, no, I'm not taking up my laptop or a host of other gadgets.  I'm trying to adhere to the KISS principle.  If you don't know what that is, try Googling it.

This evening, I did some yardwork, planting some seedlings I've been growing and pulling countless more weeds from the flower beds.  Now, it's about 9 p.m. and my energy level is getting pretty low, even after having the most delicious, sugar-loaded, chewy chocolate cookie imaginable from Safeway.  So, it's time to shut things down and lose myself in my latest mystery novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment