Sunday, July 18, 2010

Trying Something New

Recently, I bought a new point-and-shoot camera, a little Pentax Optio W90, to replace my aging little Canon.  Some of its features were quite appealing to me: 12.1 megapixals, 5x optical zoom, does macros down to one cm away, waterproof, cold proof, dust proof, and shockproof.  Although you can dive or snorkel with this beast and shoot photos and video, I just wanted something that worked under harsh conditions and that fit in my shirt pocket so it was always available on walks on the beach or whatever.

On Friday and Saturday, I took a series of photos with it, including some flower shots around my home.  Although my trusty old Canon EOS 10D can produce better images (because of the lenses I have for it and because I can 'control' it much better), this new little Pentax was surprising good.  I've posted a series of photos from it on my Flickr page.  Here are a few 'teasers' to look at for now:






1 comment: