Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Life is Good

Sometimes, everything seems to be good in one's life.  Yesterday, wanting some company, I called up a friend and invited him to supper.  Vladimyr didn't hesitate to say he'd be right over when I offered him yet another of my Chinese dinners.  We spent a very enjoyable evening discussing all sorts of things.  Vladimyr can discuss any topic, dipping into philosophy, religion, politics, literature, history, or any other relevant subject to make his point.  I am often awe-struck by his recall of details.  I am fortunate to have people like him in my life.

Today, I indulged myself in several of my favorite pastimes, writing, listening to music, and reading.  The writing involved notes in my pen and paper journal, emails to friends, and revising some documents I've been working on.  The music involved both listening to an album of songs by Bob Dylan and watching a music video, 'Celtic Woman: Songs from the Heart'.  The latter was especially good because, in this particular video, they sung so many of my favorite songs from a wide variety of artists.  'Amazing Grace', with support from some bagpipes, was very well done.  I got goose bumps, listening to a few of the songs.  And, of course, I'm always reading something.  Right now, I'm reading another Richard North Patterson novel I recently took out from the Charleswood Library, called 'The Spire'.  Although not classic literature (sorry, Vladimyr), it is an interesting and entertaining 'who-done-it'.

And so my day went ... from one good thing to another.  Yes, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment