Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day Brunch

Brunch went well with Mike and Tasha and Katie and Greg and Josi and Matt and Alex all in attendance.  Chef Roy made oven-baked trout, caprese salad, a broccoli-rice casserole, and bruschetta pizza.  With banana bread for dessert.  Something for everyone but mainly vegetarian.  After everyone was full and talked out and most left for other things in their busy lives, Chef Roy caught up with his email and then took a much deserved nap.

Now, it's getting close to supper time and I have to decide on what to cobble together from the the left-overs.  I always make too much for my guests for this very reason.  It makes my following meal much easier to prepare.  Afterwards, Holly wants me to put on some mosquito repellent and take her for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment